“How stupid do they think we are?” I received an email from a valued friend here on the Vine. My daughter also heard it on her local news cast and sent me the link. My daughter and I both asked the same question regarding the newest terror scare. The FBI is saying that approximately 85,000 computers in America were infested with a virus when users responded to an advertisement scam. The FBI reports that is has been blocking the virus’s ability to shut down the infected computers. It will cease doing so on July 9, 2012. After which, all infected computers will no longer have access to the Internet.
Their remedy is for all American’s to give access to their contracted “security partners” firm to scan your computer (Hopefully not one like Blackwater, Xe) and let it find out if your computer is infected or not. If infected there a remedy will be provided. 100’s of millions of computer devices are to be scanned for what happened to a supposed 85,000 devices.
The “Are we really this stupid” part comes with the questions my daughter and I both asked:
- If they were able to find out that it was only 85,000 computers infected, wouldn’t they know which computers these were?
- Why would all Americans have to have the FBI contractor scan their computers?
- If we allow them access to our computers will that be considered giving the FBI permission to access our computers?
- Does granting them access free them up to access our computers at will?
- Does granting them access to our computer free them up from any accusations of illegal search and seizers if they have illegally accessed our computers in the past?
- Why is the scan and remedy not available to our private computer protection companies that already have permission to access and scan our computers?
- Who are these people who created thisvirus?
- What was the advertisement scam that released the virus into our computers? If this was known, won’t users already know if their computers were susceptible barring the need for all Americans to have their computers scanned?
- Why can’t we have a private company of our choice scan our computers?
- Won’t the FBI be at will to shut down any computer they wish that has not been scanned? What proof will there be that the shutdown computers were infected? How will we know if it is more than 85,000 computers that loss Internet connection after July 9, 2012?
- What about devices like smart phones, games systems, etc… which are also able toaccess the Internet?
They are coming to get us again through our computers and Internet use. All Americans are to give up the freedom from warrantless search and seizures of their computers. My daughter and I both agreed, we rather go the expense of purchasing another computer rather than give up another right to a scare of someone from overseas out to get us.
I did visit the FBI home page when I was first informed and found no reference to such as scare. Yet it is being reported by the Washington Associated Press.